Celebrating an exciting point in the development of the financial markets in the Middle East, Global Investor/ISF named Gaurav Shah from Al Rajhi Capital as CEO of the year at its annual Middle East Summit & Awards ceremony in Doha, Qatar, on October 19.
The asset manager of the year award went to Lebanese bank BlomInvest.
Other winners included Qatar Exchange which was voted exchange of the year, while Qatar Financial Centre Authority picked up the financial centre award.
JPMorgan won the global custodian award and HSBC won the equivilent title for sub-custody. Citi excelled in cash management and transition management this year, and CIB won FX provider of the year. Deutsche Bank won the fund administrator award, Simmons & Simmons was voted the top law firm, while Ernst &Young received the accounting firm award.
Al Rayan Investment picked up the sharia’a fund manager award and sukuk manager of the year went to Emirates NBD Asset Management. The wealth manager award went to NCB Capital, while Jadwa Investment won the equity manager award. NBAD National Bank of Abu Dhabi was voted as best fixed income manager.
Global Investor/ISF also gave out regional awards for excellence in Islamic finance. Al Rayan Investment won sharia fund manager of the year and Emirates NBD AM won the sukuk manager of the year award.
In addition, country-specific awards were presented:
Country-specific asset manager awards:
- Asset manager - Saudi Arabia: Al Rajhi Capital
- Asset manager - UAE: Emirates NBD Asset Management
- Asset Manager - Bahrain: SICO
- Asset manager - Qatar: National Bank Asset Management
- Asset manager - Lebanon: Audi Saradar Private Bank
- Asset manager - Egypt: CIAM
- Asset manager - Kuwait: Kuwait Financial Centre Markaz
- Asset manager - Jordan: AB Invest
- Asset manager - Oman: BankMuscat
Country-specific broker awards:
- Broker - Saudi Arabia: Falcom
- Broker - UAE: Mubasher
- Broker - Bahrain: SICO
- Broker - Qatar: Qatar National Bank Financial Services
- Broker - Egypt: EFG Hermes Securities Brokerage
- Broker - Lebanon: MedSecurities
- Broker - Oman: BankMuscat
- Broker - Jordan: AB Invest
- Broker - Kuwait: NBK Capital